This guide is for returning students who were previously registered in 2022 and want to download and use Microsoft 365 apps on a new/existing device.
You can either use your mycit. ie or mymtu.ie credentials however, if you wish to retain access to your One Drive you need to use your MYCIT.IE log-in credentials.
MTU IT Services is delighted to announce as part of the Microsoft Office for Education, a Microsoft Office plan is available FREE to current students in MTU
This service will allow you to do the following at no cost:
- Install the latest version of Microsoft 365 apps(including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, ) on 5 personally owned devices (PCs/Macs)
- Run Office apps on 5 tablets or phones running Android, iOS, and Windows.
- The Online version of Microsoft Office is available for users who use their mycit.ie credentials
Important: By installing any of the MS Office software in Microsoft 365 apps, a student must agree to comply with the proper and legal use of the software of Office 365 and is liable for any improper and illegal use of the software. See here for Security, Privacy and Compliance Information
Who Can Access the Service?
Students must have an “active” status on the MTU enrolment system. Students must be registered as currently enrolled students of Munster Technological University. Due to Microsoft licensing rules, MTU Cork is not permitted to offer these benefits to Alumni students.
How do I get Microsoft 365 apps on my device?
Go to Office 365 Portal
(NB: For Apple Mac Users ensure that you use Safari Browser for this download process this will ensure that the version is compatible with your Mac.
1. Login with your R0012345@mycit.ie or R0012345@mymtu.ie as username
2. You will be asked for your password, which is your MTU student password you log into your MTU student emails, canvas. If you forgot your password or need to reset it please go to the student password reset portal
3. Click 'Sign in' - then you will be asked to verify your identity and a code will be sent to your mobile phone (please note if you need to update your phone number within the MTU system you need to contact admissionsCork@mtu.ie. If you're logging in using your mycit.ie credentials you need to contact service desk)
4. Once you receive the code on your mobile please enter the code and click verify.
When you sign in you will see the following page, click on 'Install Apps' in the top right-hand corner.
5. Once you click Install apps - it will download the Microsoft 365 apps installer onto your computer, this can take up to 10 minutes.
You will be presented with another window during the sign-in process - On this Window, you need to click the 'No, sign in to this app only' option as outlined in the red circle and click OK.
You can now use Microsoft 365 apps such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel on your personal computer.
Note: Please be aware that you may see the following error once you've logged on to your account 'Account Error' You do not need to take action and can ignore this error while using Microsoft 365 apps.
If you logged in with your mycit.ie credentials please note you will not get this error.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org