Join Teams meeting as a student via the browser
Please note as a student you do not get a MTU Teams licence so you will need to log into a team’s meeting via the browser. If you have a personal Microsoft Teams licence then you can join via Teams app.
1. Log into your MTU email
2. Once you’re logged in you should see an email from your meeting host.
3. Open the email and follow the link - alternatively, you can also RSVP on the link.
4. A new tab will open asking you how you want to join.
(If you have a licenced version – select ‘Open Microsoft Teams’)
(If you don’t have a licenced version – ‘select Join on web browser or continue on this browser’
5. As MTU students do not get a licenced version of Teams, click Continue on this browser.
Depending on your device (Windows, Mac) you might be asked to enable your video and microphone before on your device before joining the meeting
6. Make sure the camera and mic is turned on and click Join Now.
7. Wait for the meeting host to let you into the meeting.