Follow the steps below to get Outlook on Android:
1. Ensure that you have MFA configured on your account and have the 'Microsoft Authenticator' App configured. If you need to do this, click here to be re-directed to the MFA Configuration guide.
2. Download & Install 'Microsoft Outlook' from the Google Play Store.
3. Launch the Outlook application and select 'Get Started'.
4. Enter your @mtu email address in the text field.
*If you have other accounts signed into already, a separate page will appear asking if you want to add these as well*.
5. Select 'Office 365' from the list.
6. You will be re-directed to the MTU sign-in page. Enter your credentials here.
*you must sign in with your Staff number as the username*
7. With MFA enabled on your account and with 'Authenticator' installed on your handset, you will be prompted with the below message to allow the sign in to proceed.
7.1. On newer Android devices, you will also get a drop-down option.
7.2. If you opted to use the verification code, you will need to open the app and enter the 6-digit code under your account. This refreshes in the app every 30 seconds.
7.3. If you configured MFA to receive texts instead, you will receive a text message with a 6-digit code. Enter this code to proceed.
8. Approve the sign-in request and you should now be able to access your @mtu emails on the handset.