Categories are markers you create to help you track important messages and events. You can assign a colour and label to as many categories as you need, then apply those markers to messages and events either manually or, using rules, automatically. Categories can be associated with email messages, calendar items, and tasks.
Create a category
1. Select any item on your calendar, in an email folder, or on your task list.
2. Right-click the item (Mac: ctrl-click).
3. From the list that appears, select categorize, then manage categories. A small manage categories dialog box will open.
4. To create a category, click add new category. An even smaller add new category dialog box will open.
5. Enter the label for your new category, and click the small downward-facing arrow to select a colour for the category.
6. Click ok to return to the manage categories dialog box.
7. Click ok to return to your account.
You cannot rename existing categories, but you can delete a category by selecting it in the manage categories dialog box, and then clicking the X that appears next to its name.
You can change the colour associated with a category by selecting it in the manage categories dialog box, then clicking the small downward-facing arrow next to its name and selecting a colour.
Assigning a category to a message, calendar event, or task
1. Right-click the item (Mac: ctrl-click).
2. From the list that appears, select categorize, then click the category you want to assign to the item.