“Web Links” let you add a shortcut to a resource or website to give your students quick access to information relevant to your module.
1. Select "Build Content" from the menu at the top of the content area, then choose "Web Link".
2. Give your Web Link a name.
Then paste the URL of the website or resource that you want to send the student to
3. If you wish, you can also include a description that will be displayed with the link.
This could include a further description of the link or some guidance for your students on how to use the information the link contains
4. You can upload a document to accompany the link.
Click “Browse my Computer” to upload a file from your computer or “Browse Course” to locate the file if it has been previously uploaded to the module.
5. Under “Web Link Options” you can decide if the link should open in the same page or in a new window.
Generally, It’s recommended that you leave this as open in new window so the student can still access your module content when the link is open
6. “Standard Options” lets you decide if and when students can see particular content
- If you set “Permit Users to View this Content ” to “yes”, then students can access the content immediately
- If you set “Track number of views ” to “yes”, then Blackboard will record how often the content is accessed
- “Select Date and Time Restrictions” lets you to determine a date and time within which content is accessible.
7. Click Submit