Each cloud student gets a virtual desktop (view desktop) that they can access from anywhere, inside or outside campus.
The access the virtual desktop, cloud student has two options; either to install a view client on the machine or html access to view desktop.
Figure 1: View Client Options
Option 1: Install view client
To install the view desktop, cloud students can use the following link. https://vdesktop.citonline.ie/
This link will provide the executable to install view client based on client machine.
Launching View Desktop
When launching view desktop, it will ask for a connection server.
Connection server details: vdesktop.citonline.ie
Figure 2: View Desktop Connection
- Student enters Student Number and password – Domain is CITONLINE
- Student uses the same password that is used for email, Canvas and Web4.
Figure 3: View Desktop Login
- A desktop name will be displayed. Students can select the desktop and click connect.
Figure 4: Connection to View Desktop
- This will launch the students view desktop.
Option 2: HTML access to view client
This option allows you to access your vDesktop from your browser.
Figure 5: HTML Access
- It will automatically connect to connection server.
- Login with student number and password.